In order to access the Clermont General Permission Areas (GPAs) a Fossicking Kit, along with a QLD Fossicking Licence is required. You can purchase both of these from The Outback Prospector.
Fossicking kit fees as follows:
- 2 days $5.50
- 1 week $11.00
- 1 month $22.00
- 3 months $55
- 6 months $66
- 12 months $88.00
- Bring a print out, or digital copy, of your QLD Fossicking Licence, which should be valid for the entire duration of the Fossicking Kit registration length. For example if your QLD Fossicking licence expires in 4 months time then the maximum period you can register for the Clermont Fossicking Kit is 3 months.
- Bring your Drivers Licence.
- Bring your Vehicle registration number.
These State Forest areas are under Grazing Lease & are multi-use lands. Cattle grazing, timber harvesting & Mining Lease activities take place at different times within Clermont GPAs. Wild dog baits may also be laid in the larger GPAs - warning signs are attached to designated entry gates. GPAs may also be closed due to extreme wet conditions to avoid damage to bush tracks.
To maintain access to the Clermont GPAs, it's important for our visiting prospectors to respect livestock, property & the environment.
- Observe any closure advice attached to designated entry gates
- Leave gates as you find them
- Avoid disturbing livestock
- Take your rubbish back to camp
- No fires are permitted
- Dogs are not permitted
- REFILL THOSE HOLES!
Please note no camping is permitted in Clermont GPAs. There are a variety of accommodation options for caravanners & short term visitors including caravan park van sites, cabins, motel & hotel rooms & self-contained cottage style private rentals.
Please check our Clermont GPA Status page for more information about current access to the GPAs.